Trail Days 2022 Registration is now open!
I don’t to miss a thing!
Join other Trail Life USA Troops for “CLIMB HIGHER” Trail Days September 9-11, 2022. The theme was created based on this song by Ellie Holcomb: I Don’t Want to Miss It. The devotions will be based on Luke 9:1-10, the story of Zaccheus. “He entered Jericho and was passing through. 2 And behold, there was a man named Zacchaeus. He was a chief tax collector and was rich. 3 And he was seeking to see who Jesus was, but on account of the crowd he could not, because he was small in stature. 4 So he ran on ahead and climbed up into a sycamore tree to see him, for he was about to pass that way.”
- Big changes for this year’s event: Archery Tag has been added as an activity for Mountain Lions, Navigators and Adventurers. The bath house near the retreat center has been renovated and we’ve been promised hot water this year!
- Woodland Trail craft with return with survivor bracelets.
- Navigators and Adventurers will participating a troop bottle rocket competition. “Climb Higher”.
- Like 2021 staff positions for the leadership of most activity centers will attend at NO COST. If you are signing up to serve, be sure to select the correct ticket.
- We will not be able to meet everyone’s dietary restrictions. You are welcome to bring food items to supplement our menu. We will be able to provide safe storage of these items for you. A complete menu will be available well before the event.
- Rooms in the Hammersley Center will be available for special circumstances for $60/night
- Official Trail Life Standards can be purchased for a cost of $40 each to be delivered to the event
Planned Activities for Woodland Trail (Trailmen get to pick 4 activities)
- Boating on Lake Shalom
- Fishing on Lake Shalom
- Swimming in Lake Shalom
- Survival Bracelets
- Air Riflery
- Archery Tag (Mountain Lions Only)
- Climbing Wall (Mountain Lions Only)
Planned Activities for Navigators & Adventures
- Swimming in Lake Shalom
- Boating in Lake Shalom
- Cycling (7 mountain bikes available or bring your own)
- Rifle & Shotgun
- Climbing Wall
- Archery Tag
- Low Ropes Challenge Course
Registration is $60 per person for the entire weekend if registered before August 21 and $70 after that. REGISTRATION CLOSES ON AUGUST 31. The cost for participating on Saturday only from 10am to 4pm will be $45 . All meals and snacks from Friday night Cracker Barrel through Sunday’s breakfast are included. Registration also includes a lanyard, devotional booklet, custom Trail Life t-shirt and custom made camp patch. Saturday only registrants will receive a lanyard, lunch, the custom Trail Life t-shirt and patch.
Woodland Trail and leaders and parents have the opportunity to stay indoors (though if they want to camp in tents…that would be okay) in camp hogans (bring your sleeping bag and pillow). Adventurers and Navigators will be camping (bring your tent, bag, pad, etc. along with you). Troops that are tenting will be able to camp in the same area. Generally troop members that are in hogans will be kept together.
On Saturday night there will be a troop competition Dutch Oven cook off. Hot coals and ice cream will be provided. Bring everything else you need to create your masterpiece.
Participant names can be changed prior to the event. Refunds will be made if canceled prior to May 15th. Registration is open to all registered Trailmen and leaders/parents.
To volunteer to help with events and camp support go to Climb Higher 2022 Volunteers
Here are the key documents….please view/print each of them. Print and fill in all forms before coming to camp. If your troop has a master file of all of these, you can just bring it along. It will be returned to you at the end of camp.
Any questions, please contact Trail Life RVA Point Man Bennie Good 804-794-4145. Email questions: email@example.com.
Please register online. You can pay online or you may request an invoice and then mail a check payable to TLRVA, 2501 Whitecastle Dr, Midlothian, VA 23113 or Venmo the money to @TrailLifeRVA.
Registration closes on August 31, 2022 Check-in will begin at 5pm on Friday September 9th. Camp will close following worship on Sunday September 11th.
ON THE REGISTRATION CHOICES BELOW, SELECT THE NUMBER OF “TICKETS” YOU WANT OF EACH TYPE. IF YOU ARE REGISTERING YOURSELF TO SERVE ON STAFF, SELECT THE DESIRED STAFF POSITION AND DON’T INCLUDE YOURSELF IN THE TOP THREE CHOICES. THE TOTAL NUMBER OF FOLKS REGISTERED ON THIS FORM SHOULD BE EQUAL TO THE NUMBER OF FOLKS FROM YOUR FAMILY THAT IS ATTENDING THE EVENT.
ON THE NEXT PAGE YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR YOUR NAMES. IF YOU ARE ATTENDING, ENTER YOURSELF FIRST.
- Climb Higher - Trail Days 2022
September 9, 2022 - September 11, 2022
5:00 pm - 10:00 am