Join other Trail Life USA Troops for “LIGHT A FIRE TRAIL DAYS” April 13-15, 2018.
- High Ropes- [Mountain Lions, Navigators and Adventurers ONLY]
- Low Ropes – Team Challenge (all ages)
- Monkey Bridge Construction and Crossing (construction for Nav/Adv and crossing for all ages)
- Boating on Lake Shalom – Need Adult Volunteers (all ages)
- Fishing on Lake Shalom – Need Adult Volunteers (all ages)
- Model Rockets (not bottle rockets….remember the theme…Light a Fire) – Need Adult Volunteers (all ages)
- Air Riflery – Need Adult Volunteers (Woodland Trail)
- Shotgun Shooting – Need Adult Volunteers (Navigators and Adventurers)
- Archery – Need Adult Volunteers (all ages)
- Fireguard & Woodsmen Training – Need Adult Volunteers (primarily for Mountain Lions)
- Camp service project – All ages
Registration is $50 per person for the entire weekend or $30 per person for 10am to 4pm Satu rday only (with a $5 discount for early bird registration on or before April 2…use code EARLYBIRD). Partial payments are accepted. Minimum payment is $20. All meals and snacks from Friday night Cracker Barrel through Sunday’s breakfast are included. Registration also includes a devotional booklet, custom Trail Life t-shirt and custom made camp patch. Saturday only registrants will receive lunch, the custom Trail Life t-shirt and patch.
This year there will be an optional Wilderness First Aid Course offered for $100 for adults and Trailmen over 13 years old. This course (approx. 16 hrs) and certified through ECSI for three years. Some of you that are familiar with Boy Scouts, this is one of the organizations that they recognize for their National Outdoor Adventure Medal. Sorry, we will not be teaching you how to suture wounds or conduct frontal lobotomies in the field (that’s a different course!), but you will walk away with the ability to handle most emergencies in the wild.
Woodland Trail and leaders and parents will be staying indoors (though if they want to camp in tents…that would be okay) in camp hogans (bring your sleeping bag and pillow). Adventurers and Navigators will be camping (bring your tent, bag, pad, etc. along with you).
On Saturday night there will be a troop competition Dutch Oven cook off. Hot coals and ice cream will be provided. Bring everything else you need to create your masterpiece.
Participant names can be changed prior to the event. Refunds (minus a small service fee) will be made if canceled prior to April 5th. Registration is open to all registered Trailmen and leaders/parents.
To volunteer to help with events and camp support go to Light a Fire Volunteers
Key documents (leader guide + forms) may be found here: Light a Fire Documents
Any questions, please contact Trail Life RVA Point Man Bennie Good 804-794-4145. Email questions: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please register online. You can pay online or you may mail a check payable to Bennie Good at
2501 Whitecastle Dr
Midlothian, VA 23113
Registration closes April 6, 2018 Checkin will begin at 5pm on Friday April 13th. Camp will close following worship on Sunday April 15th.