Trail Days 2023 is now open for registrations
Are you ready to go into the unknown?!
Join other Trail Life USA Troops for “INTO THE UNKNOWN” Trail Days September 8-10, 2023, Hat Creek Camp, 7145 Hat Creek Rd, Brookneal, VA. We will be looking at people in the Old Testament and New Testament and seeing how God helped them find their identity and purpose in life.
- Big changes for this year’s event:
- Attendance will be capped at 250…so register early
- Activities will be available on a first come first served basis. Slots are limited so register early
- Disc Golf will be available
- Woodland Trail bottle rockets will return
- High Rope elements will be available this year (sorry WT, this is for Navs and Advs only)
- Like 2021 staff positions for the leadership of activity centers will attend at NO COST. If you are signing up to serve, be sure to select the correct ticket.
- We will not be able to meet everyone’s dietary restrictions. You are welcome to bring food items to supplement our menu. We will be able to provide safe storage of these items for you. A complete menu will be available well before the event.
- Rooms in the Hammersley Center will be available for special circumstances for $120 for both nights.
Planned Activities for Woodland Trail (Trailmen get to pick 5 activities and will be assigned 4 of them)
- Air Riflery
- Archery Tag (Mountain Lions Only)
- Boating on Lake Shalom
- Bottle Rocketry
- Climbing Wall (Mountain Lions Only)
- Disc Golf (Mountain Lions Only)
- Fishing on Lake Shalom
- Swimming in Lake Shalom
- Paracord Project
Planned Activities for Navigators & Adventures (Trailmen get to pick 5 activities and will be assigned 4 of them)
- Swimming in Lake Shalom
- Boating in Lake Shalom
- Cycling (7 mountain bikes available or bring your own)
- Rifle & Shotgun
- High Ropes Course with Zip Line
- Archery Tag
- Low Ropes Challenge Course
- Orienteering Course
- Disc Golf
Registration is $60 per person for the entire weekend if registered on or before August 15th and $75 after that. REGISTRATION CLOSES ON AUGUST 26. The cost for participating on Saturday only from 10am to 4pm will be $45 . All meals and snacks from Friday night Cracker Barrel through Sunday’s breakfast are included. Registration also includes a lanyard, devotional booklet, custom Trail Life t-shirt and custom made camp patch. Saturday only registrants will receive a lanyard, lunch, the custom Trail Life t-shirt and patch.
REGISTRATION WILL BE CAPPED AT 250 THIS YEAR. SO REGISTER EARLY TO INSURE YOUR SPOT IN CAMP.
Woodland Trail and leaders and parents have the opportunity to stay indoors (though if they want to camp in tents…that would be okay) in camp hogans (bring your sleeping bag and pillow). Adventurers and Navigators will be camping (bring your tent, bag, pad, etc. along with you). Troops that are tenting will be able to camp in the same area. Generally troop members that are in hogans will be kept together.
On Saturday night there will be a troop competition Dutch Oven cook off. Hot coals and ice cream will be provided. Bring everything else you need to create your masterpiece.
Participant names can be changed prior to the event. Refunds will be made if canceled prior to August 16th. Registration is open to all registered Trailmen and leaders/parents.
To volunteer to help with events and camp support go to Into The Unknown 2023 Volunteers
Here are the key documents….please view/print each of them. Print and fill in all forms before coming to camp. If your troop has a master file of all of these, you can just bring it along. It will be returned to you at the end of camp.
Any questions, please contact Trail Life RVA Point Man Bennie Good 804-794-4145. Email questions: email@example.com.
Please register online. You can pay online or you may request an invoice and then mail a check payable to TLRVA, 1501 Greenberry Rd, Powhatan, VA 23139 or Venmo the money to @TrailLifeRVA.
Registration closes on August 15, 2023 Check-in will begin at 5pm on Friday September 8th. Camp will close following worship on Sunday September 10th.
ON THE REGISTRATION CHOICES BELOW, SELECT THE NUMBER OF “TICKETS” YOU WANT OF EACH TYPE. IF YOU ARE REGISTERING YOURSELF TO SERVE ON STAFF, SELECT THE DESIRED STAFF POSITION AND DON’T INCLUDE YOURSELF IN THE TOP THREE CHOICES. THE TOTAL NUMBER OF FOLKS REGISTERED ON THIS FORM SHOULD BE EQUAL TO THE NUMBER OF FOLKS FROM YOUR FAMILY THAT IS ATTENDING THE EVENT.
ON THE NEXT PAGE YOU WILL BE ASKED FOR YOUR NAMES. IF YOU ARE ATTENDING, ENTER YOURSELF FIRST.
Into the Unknown - Trail Days 2023
September 8, 2023 - September 10, 2023
5:00 pm - 10:00 am